Beaver Log Cabins composite decking qualities satisfy the demands of both public areas as well as private clients.
The composition of Beaver Log Cabins decking boards is developed for the use in Nordic climate, which highlights the best qualities of both – timber and plastic: long-term durability, natural beauty of timber and easy maintenance (does not need oiling or staining).
Beaver Log Cabins product range is called Nordic. Standard length of the decking boards is 4.2 m. On request, it is possible to have other lengths according to the selected profile from 1.5 to 4.2 m (extra handling fee is 10%). Regular fire resistance class of boards is Cfl-s1, but it’s possible to produce boards with class Bfl-s1.
NORDIC is a wawy full profile with elegant natural wood pattern as surface treatment. Its qualities satisfy the demands of both public areas as well as private clients.
Beautiful Composite Available In Four Colours
Decking board NORDIC, Brown
Decking board NORDIC, Dark Brown
Decking board NORDIC, Dark Grey
Decking board NORDIC, White
Edge Board Nordic
Corner Board Nordic
Composite Decking Fixings
Fixing Clip, Metal
Composite Decking Installation Instructions
Beaver Log Cabins decking has very low maintenance cost, the decking does not need as similar maintenance as the regular wood decking. The decking does not involve a costly and time-consuming staining, oiling or any other covering. It is enough of periodic cleaning and washing to ensure the beautiful look of the outdoor decking. Generally a brush, pressure washer, soap water and sponge will do the cleaning.
INSTRUCTION FOR MAINTENANCE
1. Dust and dirt – To remove dust and dirt, the surface should regularly be cleaned with water and brush, by wiping at the same direction with the pattern of the terrace board. To remove stronger dirt, use a pressure washer, if necessary use soap water.
2. Plants and leaves – Loose garbage should be removed with a brush and soaked with water. To remove stronger dirt, use a pressure washer, if necessary use soap water or weak aqueous solution of 2 % oxalic acid.
3. Removing snow and ice – Snow and ice can be removed by a brush or plastic spade. To melt snow road salt (calcium chloride or sodium chloride) can be used. NB! Not to use a metal spade or any other tools damaging the surface.
4. Salt residue – Loose salt residue should be wiped with a brushed and soaked with water, to remove stains, use washing detergent and warm water. For a stronger damage, the surface must be properly dried and to remove the salt residue, use fine sand paper.
5. Rust – Remove loose dirt with a brush and soak with water, to remove stains use detergent and warm water. For stronger dirt use aqueous solution with low level of oxalic or phosphoric acid and soak with water.
6. Cement – Remove cement pieces with a brush and wash with a pressure washer. Use a detergent and warm water to remove the stains. For a harder damage, let the surface dry properly and to remove cement use fine sand paper.
7. Food and drink stains – Soap water, a detergent containing acetone or methanol are suitable for cleaning and wipe with a brush in parallel with the terrace board pattern. For harder dirt let the surface to dry properly, to remove the stains use fine sand paper and if necessary use once again a detergent.
8. Colour and oil stains – Use soap water, detergent containing acetone or methanol to clean and then wipe with a brush in parallel with the terrace board pattern. For stronger dirt, let the surface dry properly, to remove stains use fine sandpaper and if necessary use once more the detergent. If you are working with paints and stains on a terrace, cover the terrace floor
9. Mould – To prevent mould the surface should be regularly cleaned and washed. To remove mould use a pressure washer and wipe with a brush in parallel with the terrace board pattern. For stronger mould, use soap water or special anti-mould detergents that are on sale at shops.
10. Scratches – Lighter scratches vanish within time, to remove deeper ones, use fine sandpaper and rub it in parallel with the terrace board pattern.
1. To clean the surfaces use solvents and detergents which pH is neutral. Stronger detergents may bleach and have a permanent impact on the surfaces colour.
2. Never use industrial chemicals to clean surfaces, because they may permanently bleach or damage the surface.
3. To prevent scratching, use only a soft bristled brush to clean surfaces.
4. Detergents containing oxalic acid and methanol should be used at low concentrations. If necessary slightly increase the concentration, by adding it to the water.
5. It is recommended to use sandpaper with grits between 40 and 100. Do not use a grinding machine!
6. It is not recommended to sand surfaces with wood pattern. Sanding removes the relief surface permanently.
7. When using a pressure washer the nozzle should not be closer than 300 mm to the terrace surface.
Beaver Log Cabins grants a 2-year warranty and additionally 10-year warranty for rot and decay for Beaver Log Cabins wood plastic composite products. 2-years Warranty covers such as:
• cracks in the material, not including damages appearing due to the installation inconsistent with the instructions or caused by other mechanical factors;
• deformation and delamination caused by water absorption, not including faulty installation causes. The warranty does not cover minimal decolourisation caused by natural factors. Target colour is stabilised after about 60 days after the installation.
• If the Product is used as intended, the Seller’s warranty remains valid for up to two years on the Product. The warranty is deemed to commence on the delivery date. The warranty remains valid if the relevant installation and user manual is correctly adhered to.
• The Buyer inspects the Product upon receipt thereof. Any defects, damage and/or shortcomings visible before unloading from the means of transportation must be recorded immediately. The Seller is not obligated to process any later complaints.
• Notices of any faulty Products must be submitted to the Seller in writing within seven calendar days as from receipt of the Product. If the defect was not immediately visible, such notification must be undertaken immediately after discovery of the defect. The Seller undertakes to adopt a position on the cause of the defect and possible solutions within 14 calendar days as from receipt of the corresponding notice.
• If a Product defect is discovered, the Seller must, as it sees fit, either repair or replace the Product, or return the cost of the Product; however, the Seller does not have any additional obligations before the Buyer as relating among other
things to transport, replacement etc. The right of choosing a suitable solution rests with the Seller. If required, the Parties may involve a third party expert assessment to determine the cause of the defect. Costs related to the expert assessment are borne by the Party that the expert assessment deems liable for the cause of the defect.
• Warranty cases are resolved at the Seller’s location, unless otherwise agreed. The cost of transportation of the Product to the warranty repair site is borne by the Buyer. The cost of repairs not covered by the terms and conditions of warranty repairs are borne by the Buyer.
• The Seller is not liable for the Buyer’s or third parties’ contracts/agreements, loss of profit, or any other damage caused in any manner.
• Warranty does not cover damages caused by foreign objects, mechanical factors, faulty storage, faulty transport, faulty installation and improper use. Warranty also does not cover damages caused by fire, hurricane, hailstorm and other extreme weather conditions and force majeure.
• Warranty does not cover damages caused by faulty construction on which the material was installed.
• Warranty is limited only to the original Buyer and cannot be transferred.
• The Seller does not ensure definitive correctness of information or instruction given as pertaining to any plans, drawings, technical specification, instructions, or goods. The Parties have agreed that Product samples, drawings, technical descriptions etc. are only used to determine approximate quality.